Video Training Series: Grant Funding - Making Grant Writing Work for Your Organization
Grant Funding: Making Grant Writing Work for Your Organization is a professional development program I have been presenting in live workshops for a little over 6 years. In more than a decade as a grant writer, I’ve been through a lot of workshops, seminars, and webinars myself and always found them to be a bit too abstract. I set out to develop a program that would incorporate real practical advice and actionable tips that you can immediately take to your desk and use to get a winning grant out before the next deadline passes you by. I’m thrilled to be taking this training online so that more people can access it and put it to work for them.
This program isn’t just my company’s flagship educational product, it’s also the employee training program all of my new employees go through when they join my grant writing consulting team.
Our complete video training series includes seven sessions:
- Session I: Welcome to the Grant World An overview of the grant funding process.
- Session II: Getting Started Picking Projects & Building a Team Covers the two practical, logistical issues key to getting started making grant writing work: picking your project and building your grant writing team.
- Session III: Logic Model Planning A Logic Model is a project planning tool designed to organize all of the various components of a project in one concise framework that is easy to follow and understand. This session goes step-by-step through the process of plotting projects on a Logic Model.
- Session IV: Finding Funding Covers the best sources for finding grant opportunities and provides an in-depth tour of the two best sites for finding federal and foundation grant opportunities.
- Session V: Translating the Logic Model into a Grant Proposal We go step-by-step through how to draft all of the major sections of a grant proposal: project abstract/synopsis, project narrative, project budget, and appendices. Throughout, we describe exactly how to use the Logic Model to draft the proposal efficiently.
- Session VI: Strategies for Writing a Compelling Narrative Learn to turn efficient, formulaic writing into a compelling, persuasive narrative. Tips and tricks are provided to improve readability through: style, design, structure, and content.
- Session VII: Post Award Considerations What do you do after you’ve been awarded the funding? You’ll find out in this course.
Not only will this series bring you valuable professional training, you can watch it on demand. You will have it right at your fingertips whenever you need it, on your schedule!